You may have noticed my blog is now bare, and there is a semi-good reason for it. You may think I'm overreacting but let me explain myself.
A few hours after I created a new post a few days ago, I received an email from a reporter in Florida who wanted to use one of my pictures for a story. This may seem harmless, but I felt exposed. I wondered at first 1) how she had seen the picture and 2) how she had my email address. Then it dawned on me. My blog. She must have seen my blog. She confirmed this, and I politely declined her using my photo.
Since then, I have googled myself and found that I am all over the internet. In retrospect, I have had a cavalier attitude toward the issue and even thought it impressive that one could find little ole me in a search engine. Now I see that is just plain ridiculous. Here comes the potentially overreacting part: I've been totally purging myself from the internet by editing my accounts, deleting pictures and being more selective about who can find me. I am not interested in being "out there" for the world to know; I created this blog for me and my friends and family. I'm not going to go delete my Facebook account or anything, but I am taking this as an opportunity to proceed with caution from now on. (I am going to delete my Myspace account, but that's not so shocking, is it?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment