07 December 2010

This Christmas Season, Part 1

Here's a look at what my Christmas season looks like so far:

-Black Friday Christmas Shopping Trip...James and I left my parents' house at 6am to meet his mom, sisters and a family friend in Memphis, and we did not get home until 10:30pm. As crazy as it sounds, we had an amazing day amidst the hustle and bustle. We found some great deals, and we enjoyed some good bonding time.


-Christmas Wrapping...I already wrapped the few things we bought on Black Friday. Since then, we've made some other purchases, and I look forward to finding the time to wrap. Wrapping presents is one of my favorite things to do this time of year.


-Christmas Music...My Pandora Christmas stations have been playing almost nonstop at work since the Monday after Thanksgiving. Love it!


-Bunko PJ Christmas Party...It was my second time playing bunko with the girls from church, and we had a very festive, fun time. I wore the purple owl pajamas that Tammy (my MIL) bought me last year for Christmas. Only two other girls wore pjs though because the others either forgot or were not informed. No matter though, I was comfortable and received a lot of compliments.


 -Christmas Decorations...James and I went to Paris this past weekend to collect my three huge boxes of Christmas decorations. I spent Sunday afternoon sifting through everything and finding a place to put it all. I decided to donate some of my older decor to We Care Ministries because we just do not have the space for much these days. I also took a few things to work. The faculty members have been commenting on how good my Noel-scented WoodWick candle smells. Mmmm...


-Christmas Cards...It's taking me a while to get them put together this year, but I hope to have them stamped and mailed sometime next week.


-CENS Christmas Potluck...Today we had the College of Engineering and Natural Sciences potluck where I ate way too much (and it was so good). The faculty, staff and their families gathered together to eat and mingle for a couple hours. I made banana nut bread and Snowy Chocolate Baby Cakes. Mine didn't look nearly as good as these.


1 comment:

Tommy said...

Dang, Martha! Good for you!