27 February 2011

Mike Nawrocki Comes to Central

I actually got the chance to meet Mike Nawrocki. He is the voice behind Larry the Cucumber in the popular cartoon VeggieTales. I wasn't all that excited at first, but when he started talking like Larry, I would be lying if I said I didn't freak out a little inside. He and Steve Feldman, the director of Sesame Street for 8 years, visited our church yesterday morning. Our church advertised the event to the community, so we had a bunch of little ones running around. We fed them fun snacks like cupcakes, popcorn, grapes, baby carrots and juice boxes. James' sister brought her two kids, her mother-in-law, her husband's siblings and their kids. A couple of families from New Harmony, James' home church in Paris, came as well. It was quite a fun time. We were able to show the newest VeggieTales movie, 'Twas the Night Before Easter. We were the only ones to have access to it before its release date next month. The kids and their parents alike loved it.

Our nephews

James sitting with Tina and her husband's family

Friends from New Harmony
Nearly a full house
Mike Nawrocki
Steve Feldman, Rebeca Seitz, James, me and Mike Nawrocki

No comments: