Our weekend with Logan came and went in a flash! I planned to post updates each day, but unsurprisingly, I could not find the time! That little man was so much fun to have around. He baby-talked, sang, and giggled all the time. He slept through each night, he took long naps, and he ate each meal and snack without too much mess. We did change a LOT of diapers, but that's to be expected. Little price to pay when you get the best hugs a kid could give, because seriously, Logan gives amazing hugs!
James, Logan and I spent all of Saturday at the house, but we had somewhat of a busy Sunday. We took Logan to church that morning, a restaurant for lunch, home for a nap, Wal-mart and church again that evening. We had a finger food fellowship after Sunday evening worship. Everyone at church loved Logan. He captured their hearts in no time at all. No surprise there. He's just so sweet!
After church on Sunday night, we drove to Paris and spent the night with James's parents. On Memorial Day, we hung out around their house most the day. Tina and Oliver came over to pick Logan up and to hang out for a bit.
Later that afternoon, James's mom took me shopping (Whoo-hoo!), and we brought James and David dinner from Dairy Delight. I got an ice cream cone. Big mistake. We were riding in Tammy's Jeep Wrangler with no doors, windows or top. The sun beaming down and the wind blowing all around were not a good combination with that ice cream cone. It was melting down my hand before we were out of the parking lot. I ate that thing so fast. I used napkin after napkin trying to stay as clean as possible. Needless to say, I was a bit of a mess, but we laughed about it the whole time. Next time, I think I'll get a shake!
That just about sums up our baby-filled, three-day weekend. As much as I enjoyed having Logan around, it was really nice coming home to a baby-free house. I felt a sense of freedom when we were able to do what we wanted last night without having to care for a little one. That may sound selfish, but we're going to enjoy our time alone as much as we can. Someday we'll have kids, but for now, we'll just borrow our nieces and nephews when we need a baby fix!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He looks a LOT like my dad and Uncle Mike did when they were babies. It's almost uncanny.
Post a Comment