22 November 2009

Frustrated with Zexer

About a year ago, I decided to sign up on an online address book. I fell in love with it really quick. This thing was so handy. I could add, update and view my contacts from any computer. Pure genius. Especially now when it's Christmas card writing time. I'm going to dote on myself just a little here: I am already finished with my Christmas cards. Every single one is addressed and stamped, ready to be mailed. I never thought to save a copy of all these contacts (nearly one hundred in all). I simply thought they were safe in the "hands" of my Zexer online address book. Perhaps I should say "assumed" rather than "thought." As I went to add a new contact last week, this is what I saw:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

At first, I held onto hope that the page was "temporarily unavailable." Nope, I've checked back several times and the same page pops up on the screen. Crap. I've lost all my contacts and all their addresses.

Oh wait, they are on my Christmas cards!

That means I get to re-type every single address into Excel. Guess I need to jump on that before I have to mail them. This may take a while...

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Yikes. Or you could always go old school and get a cool address book. Or just put them in Gmail. That's probably not going anyway anytime soon. :)