...but here I am all the same! Today was probably one of the worst and best days I've had in a long time. This morning, James and I woke with the intention of going to the Wolfchase area to get our last minute Christmas shopping behind us before the new week begins. Before we left the house, he kept trying to put our cd cases in my car, and I kept saying "Why are you taking the cds? I don't have a cd player in my car." He wouldn't answer me. I could not understand why he wasn't responding. Finally, he said he never heard me. All along, he was trying to be secretive, but I was being nosy and highly suspicious.
Well, as my Christmas surprise, he installed my old cd player into the Grand Marquis! You would think this was a good thing, but as fate (or sin nature) would have it, I am a total jerk who cannot handle change. I sort of made a big deal out of the fact that I wasn't used to it, and I questioned whether he could reinstall the radio system that was original to the vehicle. Oops. Why do I always open my big mouth?! This obviously hurt his feelings. He had been planning this surprise for a long time now, and here I was being ungrateful. Honestly though, I hate surprises. I'd much rather be in on it. I'm so particular about things. You could say I'm slightly (or greatly) obsessive compulsive. I took back what I had thoughtlessly said and apologized for my ungratefulness. He, being the patient and gracious man that he is, forgave me. Around 9am, we went to Ihop (his favorite breakfast restaurant) and enjoyed our meal together. Alright! Things are looking up!
Or so we thought...
We drove to Wolfchase (or Cordova or Bartlett or wherever the mall is), and as we get out of the car to begin our shopping trip, I realize I forgot to deposit my paycheck. Crap. Now we have no shopping money. We then embark on a wild goose chase to find a way to either get it cashed or deposited. We finally (after several different stops around town) find a solution. Okay, we're doing good. Let's go shopping!
But wait! James then proceeds to inform me that we have a flat tire. Grr. Thank goodness there's nearly a dozen tire retailers and mechanics on Stage Road. We wait an hour while the tire is repaired. It wasn't even very expensive. Thank you for how you provide, Lord! If only I had been more focused on Him all along, then perhaps things wouldn't have been so hectic in the beginning. We live and we learn...most times the hard way!
After that, we truly did start our shopping day. We hit up the mall as well as Target and many other stores around the mall. Around 9pm tonight, we decided we're done with what little shopping we needed to do today. With the crowds, traffic, and our delays this morning, it turned out to be a long day, but it truly was a good one. James and I needed a day like today. We even got a free meal at Chik-fil-a (thanks to SB and Pete for the coupons)! What could be better? Now I get to wrap all the goodies and prepare for the Christmas dinners coming up this week. I love this time of year!
I am so thankful for my loving husband, my family, our safety and health, and the opportunities God gives every day!
(Oh and by the end of today, I totally got used to the cd player! How fickle I can be sometimes!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hehehe...great post, Lex! That James is something else. Now you can rock out to Beyonce and Ace of Base to your heart's content!
Oh gosh, the grand ma car has a CD player installed?! I guess we can move her up to a cooler title like Grams or G-Ma. Yea I think G-Ma is the rightful title now. Haha!!
And its never too late to blog!
Post a Comment