
James is in Martin now and classes started today. He found out that he won't actually be able to get into the nursing program until next year, so until Fall 2011, he'll be taking pre-requisite courses. This could seem like a set-back, but in fact, he'll have more time to take his time. His course loads will be lighter and he'll be able to focus more on doing well instead of rushing through things. Once he is in the program, it will take him two years to complete it. That means he should have his nursing degree in about three years which that is exactly what we estimated in the beginning.
I have still not gotten a job in Martin. This is somewhat of a problem because that means I'll be living in Millington with my cousin and working at Cole's until I do get a job. The living with my cousin part doesn't bother me. She's out of town until the last week in January, so I technically have her house to myself until then. Even when she does come back, I think we'll get along great. She's an officer in the Navy and is real easy going. She just moved back home for the first time in years, so it's nice to have her back. Working at Cole's doesn't bother me either. I actually wouldn't mind staying there for good this time around. It's definitely crossed my mind to make that my career. The part that gets to me is the living two hours away from my husband. I just keep thanking God that he's only two hours away and not across the ocean fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan though. I truly am blessed. That thought keeps me focused and grateful.
I'm reading That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis every night before I go to sleep. In the morning, I read the One Year Chronological Bible. I'm actually kind of behind on the daily readings, but I'm trying to get up to date in it. I've been reading through it since November and honestly can't get enough!


In case anyone was wondering, we did find a new home for our cat, Orange. James' sister Tina took him and her son Oliver just loves him! That makes me very happy. Tina is due to have her second son, Logan, next Wednesday! Logan will be the fifth grandchild born to James' parents. Including the soon-to-be born baby, we have four nephews and one niece. I'm certain they're waiting on James and me to get started, but they'll have to wait. He's got to get that degree first!
I would like to send a shout-out to my dear friends Brandi and Zach. They live in Dresden which is only about 15-20 minutes from Martin. Brandi and I lived together during my last summer in Martin. God has blessed us with a tightly bonded friendship, and we are both so happy that we'll be "neighbors." In addition to the fact that we are close friends, our life situations are similar. She and Zach got married two months after James and I. Zach and James are both working on getting their degrees, and Brandi and I both graduated from UT Martin around the same time. Neither of us are quite ready for kids, but we do have a strong desire to get in shape! That's something we both hope to work toward this year. Maybe together we can achieve some goals!
There you have it. I can't really think of anything else just now. It is nearing 1:30am. It's crazy how difficult it is for me to get to sleep at a decent time when away from James. Confession: I need to be a more disciplined person.
The End.

2 comments:
You really ought to be more disciplined... WITH YOUR BLOGGIN!! I'm just messing.. kind of. I thought about misspelling every thing on this comment just to eat at you. I had such a great time with you last night, wish we would have had more time and more money to see each other more when you were in Memphis. Love the pictures on the side of the blog. SO cute!! Love you and let me know what your plans are for the weekend. I'd like to see my boyfriend too if he comes in. :)
Good news all around. Maybe James will run into Tim at Martin. I don't know if they've met, though. Keep up the good work at Cole's! Tell Bub hi for me.
Post a Comment