24 June 2010

Fitness Plan: Week Four

What fitness?

Sadly to say, I did not exercise a single time this week. My sleep schedule was off, so I was more tired than usual. Lack of consistent sleep highly effects my motivation levels for doing other things throughout the week. I have a Business Law 711 presentation due next week, so I have been meeting with my partner to work on that after work/class this week.  I've been giving work and school all of my energy this week, and in turn I've let everything else slide. I haven't even kept up with house work. This weekend I need to get back on track! One week off isn't the end of the world. I do have other responsibilities after all. I'm not perfect. These excuses help just a little bit, but I still feel somewhat defeated for not being on top of it.

On the up side of things, I have been plowing through my One Year Chronological Bible for the past several weeks (if not months...I haven't really been keeping up with the timing). After waking in the morning, I walk downstairs, make myself a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble, and read the Bible for 15-30 minutes. I've been reading about David's rule in Israel, his death and now his son Solomon's rule over the kingdom. It's so interesting to read the Bible in chronological order. It's refreshing and more in depth somehow. I look forward to starting my day with God's Word. For years I've tried to create this particular habit and desire. Why is it that bad habits seem so difficult to break while good habits are incredibly difficult to develop? It's a daily process!

No comments: