02 February 2011

Becca, Birthday, Brunch and Bowl

My best bud Becca is coming to visit on Friday and Saturday. We're probably going to stay up late laughing on Friday and then go running on Saturday. I hope the weather will be as nice as last weekend. Otherwise I'll pay the one-time access fee at the Rec Center so she can run on the indoor track with me. I'm so happy she's coming!


Saturday is my brother's 17th birthday! I can hardly believe he's turning 17. I can clearly remember being a teenager, and it makes me feel so old knowing he's one. James and I bought him a UTM t-shirt at the bookstore today. He's never had one, and I hope he likes it. I've got to get to the post office sometime soon so the shirt will arrive at my parents' house by Saturday. 


The UTM cafeteria hosts a monthly brunch where they serve better food than usual. This Sunday marks February's Sweetheart Sunday Brunch. It's not terribly exciting, but it's always nice to have a "free" place to eat after church. It's not actually free, but we paid for a meal plan. Why not use it?


As I'm sure you're well aware, the Super Bowl is this Sunday evening. James and I are not really into sports, but we are into fellowship. Our Sunday school class is hosting an outreach-style Super Bowl party. I invited my two new friends Brooke and Julie and their husbands. We met in the Wednesday night workout class at the Rec Center. I really hope they all can come. I've enjoyed getting to know them in the short amount of time we've spent in class, and I look forward to becoming closer friends with them.


4 comments:

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

yeah for friends coming, brothers getting older, a nice meal to eat, and a good fellowship...I'm hoping that your friends and their husbands come to the game! Hope your weekend is GREAT!

lexie said...

Thanks Katrina! I hope you and your sweet family have a great one too!

Tommy said...

It sounds like you have a 'super' weekend coming up. (Sorry, I had to.) And..umm....it seems like yesterday that your brother looked like he was about 6. Sheesh.

lexie said...

I know, right?! He's not my little babeeee anymore.