07 February 2011

A Busy, Fun-Filled Weekend

Thankfully, the snow held off long enough for Becca and Maggie (Becca's baby girl aka sweet dog) to arrive safely at our apartment Friday around 11PM. We tried desperately to stay up and watch Steel Magnolias, but alas, we were much to sleepy. We finished the movie the next morning instead. What a classic!

We then went to the Rec Center to run 3 miles. We felt so sluggish. My guess is that it was caused from the lack of sleep. I couldn't sleep in at all on Saturday. I woke up at 5:30AM! I never wake up that early. I just could not get back to sleep though. Oh well. I got a full night's rest Sunday, so I made up for it.

Anyway, so after our workout, we made a quick trip to Wal-mart. I made "Tommy Things" for lunch and Becca LOVED them. They are so healthy and filling! We watched some tv and then got ready to go to the movie theater where we watched Country Strong. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite either. "I can't believe they killed her!" Haha. Bec and I then went to Huddle House for dinner. I sure do like their Southern Pecan Waffles! When we got back to the apartment, James was there, and we all just relaxed and watched tv. I had so much fun with Becca here this weekend. I wish she lived closer.

On Sunday I went to church by myself. James was wore out from the day before. He woke up around 5AM on Saturday to get to an early breakfast and then to a youth rally at the church that lasted the entire day. He played drums and helped out with the youth. He was exhausted from it too. After I got home from church, James and I went to lunch at the cafeteria brunch. That afternoon, James went to help some friends change a tire (repeat from last weekend...last Sunday he took the tire off and this weekend he put the new tire on) while I went to run with my friend Christa. We had an excellent run too! We just chatted the whole time without music and ran 3 miles without even realizing it. It was great!

On Sunday evening, James and I went to our Sunday School class Super Bowl party. We had a great time getting to know the people in our class even better. The more I'm around them, the more I love them all. I haven't been this happy at a church since I was in the youth group at Faith Baptist. Thank you, God, for blessing us with such a loving and welcoming church family!

No comments: