05 February 2011

Levitical Reminder


One of my New Year's resolutions was to read the Bible in a year. I have successfully been reading just as I set out to do, and by doing so, I have seen God's faithful hand in my life. I have been trudging through Leviticus for the past few days, and let's just say it is not one of the most exciting books of the Bible. Thankfully though, God sent me a bit of encouragement today through my friend's blog post. She too is working her way through Leviticus this month, and she shared some thematic insights that I had not fully thought about until today. 

In essence, Leviticus, in all its exhaustive and repetitive rules, reminds us how blessed we are as Christians to have access to God by way of the Holy Spirit because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Paul states in Romans 7:6, "But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code." Praise God for the "new way of the Spirit"! There is freedom from the law in Christ. 

And thanks, Day by Grace, for sharing your insights. It was a great encouragement to me. 

No comments: